Hung-over? Late bus call?
What herbs help a hangover?Herbs that help ease the discomfort of a hangover include White Willow (Nature’s aspirin; the guys at GNC SHOULD know about this), Skullcap and Ginseng- they cool your overheated stomach acids, energize the nervous system and detoxify. But if you reallywant to take care of business, Milk Thistle is the king of liver detoxifying herbs.
Want to prevent a nasty hangover?Technically speaking, a hangover is a direct result of the alcohol dehydration… If you want to try and prevent that throbbing headache drink a bottle of water AND pop a vitamin C (OR you can drink a bottle of water with emergen-C) before AND after you go out and party. You’ll be amazed at the results.
Not only is sushi a hunger reliever…the ginger that comes with it can be added to regular coke to help simmer down an angry stomach. Ginger has enzymes that help calm down the acid in the stomach. Give it a try!
- FLAT COCA-COLA.
- Slice up an apple (LEAVE THE SKIN ON!) and sprinkle a little bit of sugar on top. Heat up for about 25-30 seconds. Eat. There are enzymes that are brought out and activated when an apple is heated, they can help suppress over active stomach acid!
- Eat a cup of yogurt.M
How can blisters be prevented? They can’t always be helped, however ifyou feel like your shoes may become troublesome try and put ToughStrip band-aids on the irritated areas (ToughStrips can save lives).
If you develop a blister you have a couple options- you can do like the gymnasts do and put a SMALL dab of Vaseline on the blister (popped or unpopped) and then wrap securely in medical tape or a ToughStrip. You should be good to go in a day or so.
**IF rockin’ out on the drums caused the blister- the best bet is to keep the blister in tack, DON’T POP IT! Try to dry it out by applying a small amount of alcohol (the rubbing kind, beer will not suffice) to a qtip and rub on the site of the blister. What will the result be? A small callus. (NOTE- IF THE BLISTER IS OPEN/POPPED, DO NOT USE ALCOHOL)
Muscle Pain? Don’t let it get you down!
Cramps can be caused by a build up of lactic acid in your muscles. DRINK WATER! The more liquids you can get, the better. Water flushed the excess lactic acid out of both your joints and muscle fibers.
If you haven’t noticed already, water fixes everything. It’s the body’s personal duct tape.
Stock up on those lovely cans of tour water!
Take care of yourself!
- If you take care of your diet and your body, you will have more patience with the stage hands and your singer. You will avoid small injuries because you have used your limbs before you went to work. You will have more energy, you will remember where you put your shampoo, and how to play that one drum fill exactly right.
- You only get one body, take care of it. You only get one back, one set of hands, so guard them and take care of them.
- You are what you eat, you cannot escape that truth.
- Talk to someone at ROCK FOR HEALTH to get some health care going for your band!